All I things I miss

I miss my family.
I miss making plans.

I miss the delicious anticipation of sitting in a restaurant, waiting for your food.
I miss the spontaneity of heading to the beach or park, just because I can.

I miss the simple pleasure of running into a friend, in a place where you least expected to see them.

I miss visiting my loved ones with my dog; seeing their faces light up when they notice how excited she is to see them.

I miss making cups of tea for other people.
Delivering them birthday gifts.
Drying dishes while they wash.

I miss hiking in the bush with my friends.

I miss exploring new places. In my own neighbourhood and overseas.
I miss being outside of my comfort zone.

I miss thinking expansively about my own future. Dreaming of all the places I could travel and live, if I work hard enough. I don’t feel like I’m working towards anything right now. Just working to get to through each day, one day at a time.

I miss the feeling of taking a delightful stretch after spending hours in the car, traveling to visit a remote and beautiful part of Australia.

I miss browsing book stores.
I miss markets and festivals.

I miss feeling safe in public spaces.

But most of all, I miss that moment where you’re sitting around a table with friends. A board game, dirty dinner plates or half filled glasses of wine arrayed before you. You feel a bubbly, lighthearted sense of delight at the joke that was just made. You’re not really sure how the conversation came to this point, but you feel so happy and grateful to be alive that it does not really matter.


Comments

Popular Posts