OK GO!

Ok ok ok. Here we go.
I know I like to write!
It makes me happy, always has. I have circled around journalism as an idea for a career since I was old enough to know what a career was. I stopped trying to write when I decided being a writer would not be profitable and that being a journalist would involve too much ass-kissing (whoops, almost wrote ass-kicking! I wish!). But then I grew up a little bit and realised:

I am allowed to be more than one thing!

Society tells us to choose 'what to do with our lives'. There doesn't just have to be one answer! I know this is a seemingly un-profound, really obvious thing to say but I need to remind myself that this is true! I can be a little bit of a writer, linguist, sociologist, scientist, pianist, whatever! All at the same time. Just as I am allowed to have a variety of interests, I am allowed to have a variety of things that I do.

So! With a fresh and delicious year ahead of me I want to write some goals for this year. And yes I want to immortalise them on this webpage so that there can be no escape. Hello!!
  • Post on this blog at least once a week. About anything. RPGs, story-writing, games, books, ponderings, poems, rants. ANYTHING.
  • Contintue to learn piano. Aim to practice every day.
  • Draw! Also at least once a week! Anything from real life to fantasy... as silly or serious as I like!
I also want to post up this list of books. I want to have them read by the time Semester 1 of 2013 begins. I know! I should review them on this blog as I go! It all seems to easy now. The trick will be to maintain momentum!

1Q84 (Haruki Murakami)
Brave Story (Miyuki Miyabe)
Burma: A Nation at the Crossroads (Benedict Rogers)
Defenders of Ulthuan (Graham McNeill)
Restless Empire: China and the World since 1750 (Odd Arne Westad)
Stardust (Neil Gaiman)
The Night Circus (Erin Morgenstern)


Popular Posts